As an AI language model, I can provide information on the strides made in gender equality until December 2021. I cannot provide real-time information or predict the future. Here are ten notable strides made in gender equality in recent years:
1. #MeToo Movement: The #MeToo movement gained global attention, encouraging survivors of sexual harassment and assault to speak out, raising awareness and prompting discussions about consent, power dynamics, and gender inequality.
2. Equal Pay and Pay Transparency: Many countries and organizations have made progress in addressing the gender pay gap, with increasing commitments to pay equality, promoting transparency, and implementing policies to close the salary disparity between genders.
3. Women in Politics: More women are entering politics and holding leadership positions around the world. This not only includes heads of state or government but also an increase in female representation in parliaments, cabinets, and local governments.
4. Gender Quotas: Many countries have implemented gender quotas, either legislatively or voluntarily, to increase representation of women in decision-making roles. Such measures aim to address the underrepresentation of women in politics, boards, and senior positions.
5. Maternity and Paternity Rights: Increased recognition of the importance of parental leave has led to improvements in maternity and paternity rights. Policies ensuring leave for both parents help promote gender equality by sharing caregiving responsibilities and reducing workplace discrimination against women.
6. Women in STEM: Initiatives encouraging women’s participation and retention in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields have gained momentum. Organizations, educational institutions, and governments have been working towards bridging the gender gap in these traditionally male-dominated fields.
7. Legal Reforms: Legislative changes have been made worldwide to address gender inequality, including reforms related to domestic violence, sexual assault, marital rape, gender-based discrimination, and inheritance rights.
8. Education Equality: Efforts to ensure equal access to education, particularly for girls and women, have made significant progress. Initiatives to eliminate barriers like gender stereotypes, school-related gender-based violence, and lack of infrastructure have increased educational opportunities for girls worldwide.
9. Men as Allies: Engaging men as allies in the fight for gender equality has gained recognition as an important strategy. Many organizations, movements, and campaigns actively involve men to challenge stereotypes, promote healthy masculinity, and address gender-based violence.
10. Public Awareness and Advocacy: Increased awareness and a growing movement surrounding gender equality have led to widespread public discussions, social media campaigns, and advocacy efforts. Different sectors of society are increasingly recognizing the importance of gender equity and working to promote it.
These strides reflect progress made in recent years, but the specific advancements in 2022 would be speculative as it is not yet possible to provide future information.